Friday, June 12, 2015

Infusion Day 3

Yesterday was my third day of infusion. Unfortunately, I started the day with my head pain at a 7 on the pain scale. To make things easier on myself, I took notes through the day and since my head still hurts, I'm going to copy those notes here, rather than writing something new.

5:30 to 6:10 am - wake up, get dressed, eat breakfast, take morning medications

6:15 to 7 am - travel to Jefferson

7 am - check in at the Headache Center. Waiting room is empty because, once again, I'm super early!


7:15 am - waiting room still empty

7:18 am - other patients being to arrive. One woman walks around the waiting room checking every chair before choosing one to sit in.

7:40 am - get called back to meet with nurse practitioner (Jen). Some of my meds for the day are changed (switch Zofran to Compazine, remove magnesium because it burned badly the day before, remove Benadryl due to possible adverse reaction causing me to be agitated). Also, since I've not been responding well to the infusion, Jen perscribed me a "bridge", which means I will take certain medications for several days to try and break the cycle. For this bridge I will be taking Naproxen and Compazine twice a day for five days.  In addition, I've been put on the waiting list for inpatient hospitalization at Methodist. The first opening is June 30th. If I feel better before then, I can call and cancel.

8 am - taken to private room (the same one I've had the past two days). Vitals taken.

8:10 am - IV placed


8:15 am - Ativan given

8:40 am - Compazine given

9:20 am - D.H.E. given

9:30 am - Toradol given, blood pressure taken 

??? am - fall asleep, remember nothing for rest of infusion

2:15 pm - leave infusion, head pain at 4 on pain scale

This morning when I woke, my head pain was back up to a 6 on the pain scale. I started my bridge, but so far it hasn't made a difference.  Here's hoping tomorrow will be a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment