Monday, August 17, 2015

My Present and Future

Since I'm already writing posts about my past (the Origins series), I thought I'd write a little something about my present.

Currently, I'm on social security disability, which means I am not working. But that doesn't mean I do nothing aside from running this blog. Things I have going on this week (August 17-23) include:

Monday ( 8/17; today) - take morning medicine, balance checkbook, take afternoon medicine, get brother off the bus and set up his enteral feed, spend at least one hour writing or doing writing prep, take evening medicine
Tuesday (8/18) - take morning medicine, morning appointment for Botox, take afternoon medicine, get brother off the bus and set up his enteral feed (if feeling well enough after Botox), spend at least one hour writing or doing writing prep, take evening medicine
Wednesday (8/19) - take morning medicine, take afternoon medicine, get brother off the bus and set up his enteral feed, go out with my best friend (in the evening), spend at least one hour writing or doing writing prep, put new post on blog, take evening medicine
Thursday (8/20) - take morning medicine, go to supermarket, exercise for at least 30 min (Move! Bollywood via DailyBurn), get allergy shot, take afternoon medicine, get brother off the bus and set up his enteral feed, spend at least one hour writing or doing writing prep, take evening medicine
Friday (8/21) - take morning medicine, morning appointment with weight management doctor, exercise (Move! Club via DailyBurn), take afternoon medicine, get brother off the bus and set up his enteral feed, spend at least one hour writing or doing writing prep, take evening medicine
Saturday (8/22) - take morning medicine, exercise (Move! All Stars via DailyBurn), take afternoon medicine, spend at least one hour writing or doing writing prep, take evening medicine
Sunday (8/23) - take morning medicine, clean bedroom and bathrooms, do laundry, take afternoon medicine, put new post on blog, spend at least one hour writing or doing writing prep, arrange schedule for next week, take evening medicine

This is just a general overview of things I have scheduled to do weekly. Throughout the week I also watch tv (or Netflix or YouTube videos), read (A LOT. Like, excessive amounts of reading), spend time with my pet sun conure, hang out with my sister and brother-in-law, etc. 

To be honest, I used to be angry and bitter that my life wasn't working out the way I had envisioned. I had no job, I lived with my parents - things I saw as a sign that I was a failure. I was ashamed of myself. But someone very wise once told me I was getting something that many other people don't get: time. Time to explore my interests. Time to find out what I'm really passionate about. Time to learn about myself. Time to take care of myself. Time to learn how to be an adult slowly, rather than all at once. While I don't know what my future holds, I know I'm much more prepared for it than I would have been otherwise. And while I'll never be grateful for my medical conditions, I am grateful for the time they have granted me. 






No comments:

Post a Comment